Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Sunday 3 March 2013

Spring Is On Her Way

So, March is upon us and Spring is already on her way. I thought it was high time I let you know what is going on in our garden.

Spring flowers are beginning to bloom:

such as primrose

and Lenten rose.


I spotted this iris growing through some white heather


and a cyclamen peeking through some straw or dead grass.


Higher up the garden I found this cheerful splash of yellow crocus


I took these photos a couple of weeks ago when we had a lovely sunny day and a number of honey bees felt it was warm enough to venture forth. This one was checking for pollen on this daisy.


That day, I also spotted this robin trilling away in the hedge


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.