Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Thursday 26 January 2012

A Blog Award for Me and My Favourite Bloggers

On a more cheerful note, I'd like to thank Karen at The Garden Smallholder for giving me a Liebster Blog award, an award given by bloggers to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers.  I'm glad that Karen has faith that I am up and coming in spite of my long lapses and the fact that this blog has been plodding on for a few years. I don't think I've had an award for this blog before, so thank you very much Karen.  If you didn't have one already I would choose to give one to you, your own blog is always so informative and interesting with lovely pictures.

I'm told that acceptance of the award is conditional on the following:

Copy and paste the award on your blog.

Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.

Choose five other blogs to award with less than 200 followers and leave a comment for them.

The blogs I choose are not all gardening blogs but the owners mostly have at least an interest in gardening. I choose to give a Liebster Blog award to

Kay and Sime aka The Smiths on Tour for their cheery outlook and interesting ideas.

Nicola for her interesting view of life without a car, in Around Britain without a Plane, which often gives me food for thought.

Just Gai for her interesting insights.

As you will have gathered, I enjoy reading things that make me think.

Lucy at the Smallest Smallholding for her enthusiasm and ability to bounce back with renewed optimism after setbacks. (She has quite a few followers, but I don't think it's reached 200)

David at The Anxious Gardener, who not only provides interesting and useful information but adorns his blog with beautiful photos.

There are a few others I considered giving the award to, but I think they may have too many followers.

In fact this has made me realise what I've been missing on all these lovely blogs. I'm afraid I don't have the time for reading and writing blogs that I would like to, just now, but I will try to look in a bit more often.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karin, how very kind of you to think of me. Thank you. You were one of the very first blogs that I read when I started out blogging a year or so ago. I hope you find the time to get back into it.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin, how amazingly kind of you. Together with today's blue skies this award makes me feel very happy with the world! Thank you and here's to 2012 and enjoying the small things at the same time as we solve the big problems (perhaps). Nicola, http://aroundbritainnoplane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both like the award. You are very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karin,

    Congratulations on your award & thank you for passing it our way - we are very grateful!

    Look forward to seeing & hearing more about your garden!

    K&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are also welcome, Mr and Mrs Smith. I'm hoping to have more garden-related news to report soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Karin for your kind words, your award is well deserved. Lovely blogs that you have chosen to award too.

    I've always enjoyed your blog and I'm grateful that you pop your head into mine regularly - even though I threw a blogging wobbly a while back and almost gave it up. Now I write two blogs and I'm enjoying it more than ever, so thanks for not giving up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Karen. I hadn't realised you were writing a second blog. I've just found it, so I expect I'll be visiting that quite often from now on.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.