Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Tuesday 22 March 2011

It's Coming Along

I bought a few plants on Sunday to try and fill in some of the gaps in the garden.  I put a few in the rockery, which needs quite a bit of tidying, trimming and replanting.  I also bought some for the bed half way up the garden, which was looking sorry for itself by the end of the Autumn, so it needs more plants.  I think a lot was killed off the previous Winter and I mostly put annuals in the gaps and the dry summer and our 2 week holiday didn't help new plants get established.

So, I put some bulbs in, some planted this Spring are only just coming through.


Sunday I added some more plants so it looks like this


I've got some cosmos seeds I planted the previous weekend that have just started to sprout, so they'll come in useful for filling a few gaps more cheaply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.